1. 1. Definition of personal information
Personal information is information about an individual user that can be identified by the name, address, telephone number, email address, school name, and other descriptions that make up the information. In addition, even if the information cannot be identified by itself, it can be easily collated with other information, and as a result, personal information includes information that can identify the individual user.
2. 2. Purpose of use of personal information
The purpose of using personal information is as follows. We will not use personal information beyond the purpose of use without obtaining the consent of the person (including the case with the consent of the person’s agent such as a guardian).
(1) Personal authentication of registered members of “Guide of Study in Japan”” and provision of various services for members
(2) Disclosure of personal information to educational institutions to which materials are requested based on requests from users (including requests for collective materials)
(3) Providing living information (student dormitories, condominiums, etc.) based on requests from users Disclosure of personal information to partner companies
(4) Sending of course / advancement materials issued by our company based on the request from the user
(5) Accepting and answering consultations regarding career concerns
(6) Information distribution such as e-mail newsletters, services, and various notifications
(7) Monitors for article creation, etc., acceptance of applications for interviewees, and contact with the subjects
(8) Notification of coverage and questionnaire request based on the consent of the person
(9) Provision of event information sponsored by the Company or affiliated educational institutions, acceptance of participation applications, management of contact, etc.
(10) Procedures for joining accident insurance when participating in the event
(11) To send a gift that the user has exchanged points for
(12) Responses to opinions and inquiries regarding the “Study in Japan Navi” service
(13) Application management, communication, information dissemination from our company or educational institutions, shipping of teaching materials and materials, etc. regarding attendance of “various online classes”
3. 3. Arbitrariness of providing personal information
We ask you to enter your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, school name and other descriptions as a means to identify and contact the user, but this is left to the discretion of the user. You do not have to fill in all the fields. However, if you do not fill in the items requested by us, you may not be able to receive various services and benefits from us. Items that must be entered are described so that they are required in each entry field.
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
The Company will provide the personal information entrusted to a third party without the consent of the user (including the case with the consent of the person’s agent such as a guardian) except in the following cases. plug. We will provide the information only when the consent of the user is obtained after specifying the destination and the content of the information to be provided.
(1) Use within the range of purpose of use (2. (1)-(13))
(2) Disclosure to educational institutions and affiliated companies that provide living information for which the person requested the materials (including the request for collective materials)
・ Please check the application screen for the items of personal information provided in this case.
-Provide personal information by electromagnetic communication means (data download by SSL-encrypted communication from a dedicated system).
(3) When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
(4) When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
(5) When it is necessary for a national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted with it to cooperate in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and the affairs are carried out with the consent of the person. When there is a risk of interfering with
(6) When entrusting part or all of the personal information handling business to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
(7) When personal information is provided due to the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons, and it is handled within the scope of the purpose of use before the succession.
5. Disclaimer regarding provision to a third party
In the following cases, we are not responsible for the acquisition of personal information by a third party (including the educational institution to which the material is requested and the partner company that provides living information).
(1) When the user himself reveals personal information to a specific institution using the function of “Guide of Study in Japan”” or another means.
(2) When the person can be identified unexpectedly by the activity information or other information entered by the user in “Guide of Study in Japan””.
(3) When personal information is provided and used by the user on an external site linked from “Guide of Study in Japan””
(4) When information (ID, password, etc.) that can identify the individual user is obtained by someone other than the user himself / herself.
6. Personal information management in educational institutions and companies provided based on the consent of users
The personal information of users provided to educational institutions and companies based on the consent of users will be managed in accordance with the rules regarding personal information management established by the educational institutions and companies. We are enlightening the educational institutions and companies to properly manage the personal information of users within the scope of the purpose of use.
7. Outsourcing of personal information processing
We may outsource part or all of the personal information handling business. Regarding the safety management of the relefvant business at the contractor, we will conclude a “nondisclosure agreement regarding the handling of personal information” with the contractor and perform necessary and appropriate supervision.
8. Use of statistically processed data
We may create statistical data that is processed so as not to identify an individual based on the personal information provided. We shall be able to use statistical data that cannot identify individuals without any restrictions.
9. Requests for “disclosure”, “correction”, etc. of retained personal data
Regarding the retained personal data, disclosure, change, etc. (correction, addition or deletion of contents), suspension of use, etc. (suspension or deletion of use, suspension of provision to third parties) from the user or his / her agent ) Will be responded to.
A. Requests for disclosure, etc. Requests for disclosure, etc., documents to be submitted, etc. Please contact us by phone (please refer to Article 18 for contact information). We will inform you about the documents to be submitted when requesting disclosure, etc.
B. When responding to disclosure, etc., we will carry out identity verification by the following. Name, address, phone number, email address, school name, etc.
C. How to respond to requests for disclosure, etc.
We will reply in writing to the applicant’s application form. If you would like a non-written response, please let us know at the time of the procedure.
D. About non-disclosure reasons
If any of the following (1) to (7) applies, we will not disclose it. If we decide not to disclose it, we will notify you to that effect with the reason.
(1) When the person cannot be confirmed, such as when the address stated in the application form, the address stated in the document for identity verification, or the address registered with the Company does not match.
(2) When the proxy right cannot be confirmed when applying by a proxy
(3) When the prescribed application documents are incomplete
(4) When the subject of the request for disclosure does not correspond to the retained personal data
(5) When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
(6) When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our business
(7) When it violates other laws and regulations
10. Complaint and consultation desk
We will respond appropriately and promptly to complaints, consultations, and other inquiries regarding the personal information submitted. If you have any complaints or consultation regarding personal information, please contact us by phone. (Please check Article 18 for contact information)
11. Accuracy of personal information
We will endeavor to accurately process the personal information you provide. However, the user is responsible for the accuracy and up-to-dateness of the personal information provided.
12. Restrictions on the acquisition of sensitive personal information and sensitive personal information In principle, we do not collect personal information including the following contents.
(1) Matters concerning ideas, beliefs or religions
(2) Race, ethnicity, family origin, registered domicile (excluding information on the prefecture where you are located), physical / mental disorders, criminal record and other matters that cause social discrimination
(3) Matters concerning the right to organize workers, collective bargaining and other acts of collective action
(4) Participation in group demonstrations, exercise of right to petition and other matters related to exercise of political rights
(5) Matters related to health care or sexual life
(6) In addition, personal information that includes descriptions specified by Cabinet Order as those that require special consideration in its handling.
13. About management of personal information
We strive to implement appropriate security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under its control. Personal information is stored in a safe environment that is inaccessible to general users.
14. About identity verification
We provide personally identifiable information (name, address, telephone number, etc.) such as when registering as a member of each WEB service, when a member uses the service, or when responding to a request for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of personal information. Confirm your identity by date of birth, email address, school name, membership number, password, etc.). However, we are not responsible for any personally identifiable information obtained and used by anyone other than the person.
15. Acquisition and use of attribute information and action history that do not identify individuals
17. Personal information protection manager
Our personal information protection manager is the manager of the personal information protection management office, and the contact information is as follows.
Phone number 03-5925-1643 (License Academy Co., Ltd.)
18. Inquiries regarding personal information (disclosure, correction, complaints, consultation, etc.)
For inquiries regarding personal information of “Guide of Study in Japan””, please contact below.
License Academy Co., Ltd. International Business Department Personal Information Protection
Phone number 03-5925-1902
Reception hours / 9: 00-17: 00 Mon-Fri (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays)
● Notes on requesting materials and applying for event participation
・ After the request for materials and the application for participation in the event arrive at our company, contact the educational institution to which you wish to send the materials or the application for participation in the event, and apply for the materials directly from each educational institution or the living information provider partner company. I will send you the materials.
・ Collective request for materials means request for school materials by field. If you apply for a package request, we will make a selection on behalf of the applicant, contact the relevant educational institution, and the educational institution will send the materials directly to the applicant. You can check the list of educational institutions that are eligible for field selection on this site.
・ Requesting materials in the name of another person, applying for participation in an event, requesting materials with false content, or applying for participation in an event are considered to be annoying acts. Never do it.
Our company is a target business operator of the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Society “Certified Personal Information Protection Organization”.